Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How Pinteresting.....

The next few weeks are b.u.s.y with both Heath's 30th (don't him I told you) and Macie turns two.  I always made a pact to myself to make my family's birthdays special so I have been racking my brain to get creative and passionate to make their days memorable. 

All I can say is "Thank God for Pinterest". 

It is because of Pinterest that I found the recipe for this for Heath's birthday cake for a special dinner for him on the weekend....


Baked Vanilla and Salted Caramel Cheesecake - requested by the birthday boy and thanks to Donna Hay!
Link

and apparently because he is turning thirty (he uses this excuses when it benefits him) he is worthy of more than one dessert so he has requested this too.  Homemade ice-cream is definitely in the 'Too-Hard' basket so I am offering my famous rocky-road instead.  However I must admit that these look SO delicious!
If I had my way....we would have had our front driveway to the cottage filled with friends and family from far and wide....

Link

but after strict instructions from the Boss, we are having a fun, small and intimate affair with his parents, sister and brother-in-law on our Dalli patio while Macie sleeps peacefully in her bed.  Hopefully the rain gods will be kind and I can create some kind of ambience with the beauty of fairy lights and candles....

Note: my patio is nothing like this....but never ever stop dreaming!!
Link

and the rest as they say.....will be history!

No comments:

Post a Comment