It’s never too early to book your newborn session – and the earlier, the better! Most mums-to-be pencil in a date with me around 2 – 3 months before their due date and then I work around you! All you need to do is e-mail/text/phone me once your little darling/s arrive and we can work out a date from there.
To capture every single detail of your newborn, it is so important to have the photoshoot before your baby reaches 10 days old. The best time is between 4 – 8 days old when they are super sleepy and extremely content. This is when they are happy to be settled into a position and willing to stay there. Once your baby gets older, they are more aware of their surroundings and not too keen on the whole situation of being nude & having their photo taken!!
Some tips for the day:
- Choose a room in your house that has optimal lighting, plenty of room and access to heating. It has to be so warm that we are ripping the layers off and working a sweat, while your darling little one sleeps soundly in their birthday suit.
- Try to dress your baby in loose clothing that is easy to remove so we don’t have to disturb them too much to get undressed.
- Perhaps try to have some ‘awake’ time with your baby before the session so they sleep soundly when it is time for them to shine. From my experience, a bath helps do this and keeps them nice and settled.
- A full belly results in a very happy, sleepy and content bubba! Try to feed your baby before the session and be prepared that you may have to feed once or twice during the session to get that super-sleepy & milk-drunk baby!
- Even if you don’t want your baby to have a dummy – it is an absolute godsend to keep your baby asleep!
- Relax….and don’t stress if your baby isn’t settling immediately. It’s my job to make them feel comfortable, warm and secure.