Saturday, January 22, 2011

Queensland Floods Dolly Drive

This morning while I had a spare 5 minutes, I had the pleasure of coming across a gorgeous blog called Monkeemoomoo.  It is here that I found the fantastic concept of the Queensland Floods Dolly Drive! 


It is here that Monkeymoomoo are co-ordinating a fantastic Dolly Drive - asking people to make a beautiful dolly for the darling little children affected from the floods.  The poor darling children that have lost all of their toys, their home and even their school. 

This Dolly Drive has been so successful for other children around the world for the Children of Haiti and even Operation Christmas Child for the children of the South Pacific.  To read more about it - click here

So, I have signed up to make a dolly (or maybe two depending on time).  I have never made a dolly - but I can't wait!  The tutorial looks simple and it looks like anyone could do it.....so this is perfect if you feel like getting a bit creative, all while doing something fabulous for a little child who needs YOU! 

There is also a fabulous Quilts for Queensland over with Corrie at Retromummy!  I only wish that I could find the time to learn to quilt so I could help this cause.  I am sure there are sooo many of you out there though! 



So what are you doing to help?  I would love to hear all about your kind and creative ways to help heaps of families in need.  

"You will regret many things in life but you will never regret being too kind or too fair." ~~ Brian Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment