Sunday, May 13, 2012

I have everything.

I opened my eyes to find Heath standing at the end of my bed looking a tad worse for wear.  He had been on the dog shift with William since 5am when he took over from me and told me to go back to bed.  I rolled over, looked at my phone, saw the time was only 7.01am and groaned.  "Surely on Mother's Day I can have a sleep-in" I said with a tone laced with a combination of sleep deprevation and annoyance....and the reply "7am is a sleep-in these days" and it's so true.  So I dragged my sorry ass out of bed and went to cuddle my babies on the couch.  I found Macie in her highchair eating her much loved honey toast and William happily in his swing watching the happenings of the cottage. 


For some reason I was acting like a bear with a sore head.  I don't know what I expected when I walked out of the bedroom.  It's not like I wanted a room full of flowers or a helicopter in the front paddock to whisk Heath & I away for the day (ok maybe I wanted the helicopter)....all I wanted was a sleep-in longer than 7.01am.  I cursed myself for being ungrateful - I don't need anything.  I have everything

Next thing Heath and Macie disappear and come back armed with chocolates, cuddles, flowers and a card.  I swallow my bad mood, curse myself again for being a bitch and just realised how grateful I am. 

: A husbo that organises his mum to drive to town to purchase a Mothers Day gift for me even though he has been working 15 hour days on the tractor. 
: A husbo that hides the gifts down at his mum's so I second-guess his romantic gestures
: A husbo that then proceeds to cook me bacon and eggs for breakfast with steaming hot coffee
: A daughter that loves me; and
: A son that declares that I am his world every time I leave his line of vision. 


I have everything.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Han! I woke up on Mothers Day wishing that I didn't have to sit out in the paddock with Adam cleaning out drains. Then I thought I couldn't be luckier spending the day with my boys. Hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete