Tuesday, September 4, 2012

R&R

I sat down yesterday determined to write a blog post.  We had just got back from four delightful days at the beach and I finally felt rejuvinated, happy and relaxed for the first time in months.

I sat down, plugged my phone in to download photos (I really didn't want to take my fancy schmancy camera onto the beach) - and there was nothing.  I checked again...and again - and then I realised why a certain three-year-old had been unusally quiet in the backseat of the car. 

Yep - you guessed it.  Most photos are gone.  Most apps deleted and even a few contacts. 

Not.Happy.Jan.

I cried.  I cursed.  I wasted my monthly internet usage downloading programs that would apparently find my deleted photos....but then wouldn't work.  I cried some more.  Photos are a huge thing to me - but hey, I have also got the memories - and a few little beauties that I thankfully uploaded to FB during our stay. 

I was acting like I just lost every single photo I ever had.  I was cranky.  I was snappy.  I was a plain old bitch.....and then I looked at my babies - happy, smiling, healthy and....mine....and I simply told myself to get over it - so I did.

Life is sweet....and not worth focusing on the small trivial things.  The most important thing is that I have the photographs in my memory....forever and ever.

So here is a little snippet (thanks to FB) of our mini-holiday....

Be still my beating heart!

A very overtired and cranky William on Sunday!! 

The view from my bed at 5am in the morning....when both Will & Macie decide to come in for kicks cuddles!  We could see whales and dolphins....yep, it was tough. 
I don't think Heath & I realised how much we needed this little R&R holiday away.  Obviously travelling with two young children is hard work and we need to pack everything BUT the kitchen sink but it was still fun.

Now to convince Heath that we need to do it more OFTEN!!!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment