Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Feeling the pinch....

The bambino is still baking happily while his Mummy is not so patiently awaiting his arrival.  His Daddy is happy that he is taking his time due to work commitments on the farm.....and as for his little sister - she is getting pretty annoyed that this huge big belly is getting in the way of cuddles and smooches on the couch. 


His Daddy decided to declare last night that "It would be really good if he could wait a few more days, because he is feeling the ***Insert Over-Exaggerated Bunny Fingers Here*** "PINCH" " with spraying on the farm....

His mummy's response minus a few F's......was "I've been pregnant for 9 months....and I can assure you that I am feeling more than a "PINCH"......

Needless to say, I was right - he was wrong....and he has kicked himself for even trying to start a fight with a heavily pregnant me!  I love his guts so can never stay cross with him for too long! 

It's just my luck that things have dried up here on the farm....and with rain and sunshine comes a ridiculous abundance of weeds - and with weeds, comes a combination of long days spraying and a growing hatred towards the Agronomist who issued the Rec Sheet.  Along with the spraying, the Sorghum is happily drying off ready to be harvested.  I put $50 on the fact that this baby decides to greet us when the header takes that first cut.....because that is just the way my babies roll!  Macie arrived right in the middle of Wheat Harvest '09....so I won't be surprised if her little Bro decides to arrive in the middle of Sorghum Harvest '12. 

Gorgeous pic captured by the Husbo. 
But, I am happy to report that Macie & I have spent the week happily keeping ourselves busy with swimming fiestas, dates with guinea pigs at the Library, and long mornings at the Park where the kids run themselves ragged and their Mummies get to talk themselves silly.  I am so thankful for my friends who are keeping me busy and entertained....maybe they can see that I am slowly going insane.  My mum and sister arrive tomorrow for the day and then the weekend is ours to fill up with fun and games....


Isn't it amazing that you can be pregnant for 9 months and then the last few days seem to be like eternity?  Like you are ready to start the next book in your favourite series but the author hasn't released it yet.....Or when you are craving a special dish but don't have the integral ingredient....and then it's all you can think about.  Exaggeration?  Me?  No way.

In the meantime, I am just going to soak up my 5.50am morning snuggles from my girl....and maybe give my husband a few "PINCHES"....just to remind him never to mess with a pregnant Hannah!


No comments:

Post a Comment