Sunday, February 3, 2013

The month that was....

I was going to do a big, nice, long post which tugged at the heart strings but then I downloaded my photos from my iPhone (I'm a tad addicted to Instagram) and I truly believe the photos tell the better story about what we have been upto over the past month.
 
So here goes....
 
These two are best friends.  Macie is the only person that can make Willsy laugh from the bottom of his belly, no matter how hard Heath & I try.  He walks up to her and just randomly cuddles her - to which she replies "Oh Mate - I love you too."  Seriously too cute and what every parent dreams of seeing with their children.  Well we do anyway!
We took a quick trip to my parents for a catch up earlier this month as we all felt like Christmas came and went without even bothering to say hello.  It was such an awesome visit and we are all dying to get back up there to see all our family again.  We caught up with friends that we hadn't seen in over 4 years and it was like we only saw each other yesterday.  True Friendship has no rules. 


We've spent the month trying to keep as cool as possible while the heat absolutely smacked us in the face.  I have never experienced such long heatwaves here in Goondiwindi....and I must say I did not enjoy it one bit.  Side effects of heat:  My Children hate to wear clothes now.  I bet every country kid is the same....I hope!
We have been keeping cool in our very humble kiddies pool.  One day I dream of a lovely house for my gorgeous children and pool (one can only dream!) - but for now, we appreciate what we have and are very blessed for it. 
And keeping ourselves entertained with good friends, impromptu dinners and late nights teaching our big girls the fine art of yabbying. 
And not killing each other in the process!  Summer does crazy things to me - heat, snakes, mossies makes me into a insanely cranky person!  I love this husbo of mine who just laughs at me when I have a fit!
Meanwhile....these two continue to love each other and make Heath & I melt. 
And we continue to love each other and make important time for just "us" with our date nights. 
It started to rain a few weeks back and had me high-tailing it home from a photo session.  It just rained and rained and rained....and the farm had some minor flooding. 
Macie had swimming block as she firmly believed that she could breathe under water.  Thankfully she doesn't believe that now and can now kick, tread water and hopefully save herself in a dire situation.  We are off for more blocks before the winter sets in.
She is also off to Kindy one day a week this year at our little local town up the road from us.  She hasn't stopped talking about how she is going to school!
She is so ready for it - but her little brother is going to miss her terribly. 
We let the heat go to our heads and decided that we couldn't miss our yearly catch up with our dear friends, even if it meant camping in Chinchilla.  Thankfully they know me too well and we ended up sleeping in a glorious bed!  The kids loved it, and it was so good to get away.  But it rained....or should we say, the ex-cyclone blew over us, and it didn't stop raining!  The next morning we high-tailed it out of there and had a race with the rising creeks all the way home.
We came home to rain....and this....
 
And finally we saw blue sky with a few nasty storms in between.
 
February brings a month of promise, excitement and mystery.
 
Willsy turns one on the 26th which just floors me as to how 12 months has passed so quickly. Macie starts Kindy.  Heath will be busy with the farm, harvest, spraying, etc.  And my photography calendar is booked solid now I had to postpone with the floods. 
 
I promise to blog.  I promise.  I will blog professional, personal and all there is in-between.  Because I love to share.  
 
I live to share.
 
Happy February Peeps.
 
Much Love,
Han X  
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment